PDA

View Full Version : Developing your own GB-PVR components

sub
2004-01-08, 01:51 AM
While GB-PVR is not currently open source, I want to let you all know that I do have the intention of enabling developers to write their own plugins. The frameworks is inplace, but I need some time to get samples ready and comment it a bit further. Other things are higher on the priority list.

I've used these frameworks to develop many of the plugins that already make up GB-PVR.

You'll be able to write you own components, that implement the interfaces I'll supply for:
- Menu Tasks for hanging off the front page
- Channel Changers (I've already implemented Actisys IR200L, USB-UIRT, .EXE - but serial control of some settop boxes would be useful)
- Recording Sources. I've implemented one which is a wrapper of WinTVCap, and one which implements its own direct recording using the Hauppauge filters. Others may choose to implement recorders for other types of hardware, ie ATI All-In-Wonder etc.
- EPG sources. I've implemented XMLTV. In future another source of listing information my be found (or possibly purchased).
- and something else I cant remember...

colin
2004-01-08, 02:14 AM
Hey Sub,

this is pretty good news. Look forward to hearing more about this. I'll be home at the end of the month so i can pick up my Microsoft Developers discs and start coding again:)

cheers,
Colin.

sub
2004-01-10, 06:09 AM
Its a scary bit of code that I never really intended to let anyone see, but most of the graphics for the current 'blue' skin were generated using this c# class file - http://www.gbpvr.com/code/form1.cs

It may be useful for others to help them generate skins, without spending hours in photoshop. Its not entirely accurate, as I moved a few graphics but close enough that you'd get a working skin easily.