PDA

View Full Version : Zero filelength recordings

iwan
2006-01-10, 10:44 PM
Hi,

anybody else experiencing this problem ?
When scheduling a transmission for recording, all I get is an .mpg with a filelength of 0 Byte. :(

Scheduling used to work before - maybe I'm just overlooking something very simple ...

My sytem:

PVR150MCE LP
GBPVR 0.95.16
EPG set up to merge two .xml-files (via tv_grab and nxtvepg).

cheers,

Iwan.

sub
2006-01-10, 11:48 PM
reproduce the problem, then zip and attach your log and I'll take a look.

iwan
2006-01-11, 07:59 PM
reproduce the problem, then zip and attach your log and I'll take a look.

I appreciate your help - here you go.
Should you need more information, let me know.

Cheers,

Iwan.

sub
2006-01-11, 08:03 PM
Sorry, I dont know. The logs look fine and dont show any error.

Jim_
2006-01-11, 08:57 PM
Hi,

anybody else experiencing this problem ?
When scheduling a transmission for recording, all I get is an .mpg with a filelength of 0 Byte. :(
<snip>
Iwan.

For what it’s worth.

I had the problem with two different systems, but “only” when using a Hauppauge capture device & drivers. Both systems had been working great using a PCTV Deluxe. The problem doesn’t just show up with GBPVR, WinTV and graphedit also gave intermittent 0-length captures.

The only thing common between my two (problem systems) is they both have usb2 and 1394, and one of the cards uses the SIIG chipset.
One is a portable with a D-Link USB2 PCMCIA card (SIIG chipset), the other is a desktop with a SIIG 1394 card.

If I connect a 1394/USB2 (Maxtor) hard drive with the Oxford 911? chipset to either interface, in either system, the problem happens.
If I use an Iomega 250G USB2 drive (unknown chipset) the system is perfectly stable.

My guess is that the Hauppauge drivers have issues with the SIIG chipset, or an unknown hardware combination can cause the problem.
A third system that has both 1394 & USB2 cards is perfectly stable with the Hauppauge system, with all my drives connected to any combination of ports. But that computer doesn’t have anything “SIIG” in the .inf’s

Hope this helps.
Jim

wannabepvr
2006-01-11, 09:30 PM
I have two PVR PCs. On one if them I get zero length recordings if I don't reboot once a day. The other runs flawlessly for weeks.

Both have twinhan DVB-T cards.

This behaviour seems unique to me - but if your not already - try a regular restart and see if it helps.

gEd
2006-01-11, 11:02 PM
if you get this problem when the system comes out of standby / hibernate, then the 150 is not being correctly re-initialised.

If you use standy/hibernate, try disabling this for a day or so to see if it fixes the problem. If it does, search for devcon in the support forums. This is an MS tool that can be used to re-initialise pci devices.

iwan
2006-01-11, 11:38 PM
Hi,

tonight I sort of 'solved' the problem by deinstalling and reinstalling GBPVR. Oh, and reinstalling .NET 2.0, just to be sure.
Everything seems to be working fine by now. :)

One thing that comes to my mind:
When fiddling around with the recording options, I think I chose 'record entire season'. Could this lead to zero length recordings ?

Cheers,

Iwan

gEd
2006-01-11, 11:53 PM
No, that simply creates a recording entry for every entry that it finds in the EPG that matches your request.

great news that you appear to appear have sorted your problem out !

I'm curious about your Loewe DVD player case, it sounds like you have fitted a pc into an old dvd player? perhaps you could post some info over in the hardware section if you feel mitivated to do so. The Pentium M is a great choice of processor for a pvr box.

iwan
2006-01-12, 07:10 PM
great news that you appear to appear have sorted your problem out !

Well - yes and no. As there was no particular reason, I'm a bit worried that this might happen again anytime ...
I'll try to reproduce the problem anyway.

I'm curious about your Loewe DVD player case, it sounds like you have fitted a pc into an old dvd player? perhaps you could post some info over in the hardware section if you feel motivated to do so. The Pentium M is a great choice of processor for a pvr box.

What can I say - it looks great. Works great, too ;)
I'll see if I can find the time to write a few lines + images about my HTPC this weekend.

Cheers,

iwan.

iwan
2006-01-16, 08:53 PM
Well - yes and no. As there was no particular reason, I'm a bit worried that this might happen again anytime ...

... and it did ... :(

Everything worked great, until I programmed a Season recording (weekly timeslot).
Again, I got zero filelength recordings and again, a reinstall did the job.
I'm a bit reluctant concerning further experimentation with recordings, though ;)

Cheers,

Iwan.