PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "GB-PVR Recording Service"

DarthVidar
2004-03-24, 10:58 PM
Re installed GB-PVR again due to nonworking "GB-PVR Recording service".
This didnt help... (did reboot).

Is there a way to register this service "manually" to fix this service installation.
The service doesn't list under "Services" in Control Panel either.. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Have installed .net v1.1 runtime and such...

Any ideas anyone?
WinXP Eng, SP1, "Complete windows update", Hauppage PVR 2 USB. Athlon 1,2G, 1G Mem, xxxGB storage, etc.

2004-03-25, 01:56 AM
I don't know if this will fix your problem or not. But, you can restart the recording service by clicking on Start>Programs>devnz>GBPVR>Restart recording service.

sub
2004-03-25, 05:16 AM
I'm not sure why its not there. If the .net v1.1 runtime is installed after GB-PVR, this can happen. In this case you may want to reinstall GB-PVR, otherwise to manually install:

From a command prompt, change into the C:\Program Files\devnz\GBPVR directory. Run "installutil GBPVRRecordingService.exe". Then reboot.

Installutil may not be in you path. It'll be in a directory like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322, so you may need to stick that path in front of the installutil command

sub
2004-03-25, 05:19 AM
If it is running you should see a process called "GBPVRRecordingService" in the task list.

It can also produce this error message if you havn't configured your recording source. To check this, go into the Config app and click the recording source 'settings' button. Make sure you've selected a card type/country/input etc. 'OK' to save the settings, then try again.

dennyc
2004-04-01, 01:47 AM
I had the same problem and the manual service installation fixed the problem. I wonder if the problem is that we are on win2k vs xp. Directory paths are different...just a guess. Thx.

2004-04-05, 08:54 AM
I have done the above mentioned cures. Still nothing. Is there any chance someday this app will be able to use ATI Tv Tuner Cards? Can it do this already?

sub
2004-04-05, 05:41 PM
Can you email me your gbpvr.exe.log and your GBPVRRecordingService.exe.log (from \window\system32)?

If time permits, I may look at the ATI cards in future but its not going to happen in the next couple of months.