PDA

View Full Version : Network Diagrams

vgrade
2004-03-31, 08:57 PM
Hi chaps,

I am trying to get GB-PVR working in my network topology and I'm having problems.

Could you post your topologies (sp) so I can tell if mine is supported.

i
i
i
Linksy WRT54Gwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
c w w
c w w
c w w
c w w
XP Pc MP3+mpeg2Films win2k pc 1 + pvr350 win2k pc2
s c
s c
s c
s c
Sky c
Satellite Media MVP

w = wireless
c = cat5
s = svideo
i = cable internet

I am able to stream MP3 from my MP3 server to the mvp by
enabling internet connection sharing on win2k pc 2. This allows the mvp to get a IP address and allows mp3s to be played from the xp machine.

I cannot get the mvp to recognise the GB-PVR server running on win2k pc 1. The ICS option gives me the mvp on 192.168.0.x and I have enabled IP routing on the win2k 2 pc allowing the mvp to access the wireless network (192.168.1.x).

It seems that I have to have all 3 machines on the same subnet to allow mvp and GB-pvr to work. Any Ideas ?

It would help if you guys could post your topologies and networks setups.

TTFN vgrade

vgrade
2004-03-31, 09:03 PM
Try again with new formatting

Hi chaps,

I am trying to get GB-PVR working in my network topology and I'm having problems.

Could you post your topologies (sp) so I can tell if mine is supported.

i
i
i
Linksy WRT54Gwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
c w w
c w w
c w w
c w w
XP Pc MP3+mpeg2Films win2k pc 1 + pvr350 win2k pc2
s c
s c
s c
s c
Sky c
Satellite Media MVP

w = wireless
c = cat5
s = svideo
i = cable internet

I am able to stream MP3 from my MP3 server to the mvp by
enabling internet connection sharing on win2k pc 2. This allows the mvp to get a IP address and allows mp3s to be played from the xp machine.

I cannot get the mvp to recognise the GB-PVR server running on win2k pc 1. The ICS option gives me the mvp on 192.168.0.x and I have enabled IP routing on the win2k 2 pc allowing the mvp to access the wireless network (192.168.1.x).

It seems that I have to have all 3 machines on the same subnet to allow mvp and GB-pvr to work. Any Ideas ?

It would help if you guys could post your topologies and networks setups.

TTFN vgrade

lagrian
2004-04-01, 09:00 AM
Hi Vgrade,

I have a similar problem , basically when a machine has 2 nics in it on different subnets and the MVP is connected by a crossover cable I can't get the MVP to recognise the GBPVR MVP server, I have to disable the NIC that is not being used to serve the MVP and it connects then I can re-enable the NIC and all is fine.

I have tried this setup on 3 different machines now all with the same results. This just happens for GBPVR as the official MVP software seems to be able to handle this setup.

Sorry don't have time to draw a network diagram