PDA

View Full Version : Arggg

mikejaner
2004-02-04, 12:47 AM
OK, I can't for the life of me get SHSPVR .011 to work. I was away for two weeks, so I watched .010 go by, and when I got home I saw .011 just came out. I installed over .09 and had the "can't connect to service..... " problem. I thought it might be residual settings, so I uninstalled and deleted the dir on c:\ for the program, restarted, etc......... I then reinstalled and set every thing up using DirectRecord. I can get the interface in windows or on the MVP, that's no problem. It's when I try to launch a show from the guide or livetv, I get the "can't establish connection with the service....." error.
I even downloaded WinTVcap from sourceforge and instaled it. I then pointed the config for GBPVR to the executable. Now when I launch livetv I get the following

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(Image image)
at a.c()
at a.a()
at a.g()
at u.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GBPVR
Assembly Version: 1.0.1493.10626
Win32 Version: 1.0.1493.10626
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/devnz/GBPVR/GBPVR.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0b77a5c561934e089/system.runtime.remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Any info on this?

mikejaner

2004-02-04, 12:53 AM
Mike,

I think I had the same problem a few days ago. I had to rebuild my PC and put on a clean install of Win2K Pro. I had rel 11 installed prior to the rebuild so I just installed a clean rel 11. But, I got the same error you got. What made it work for me, was to go back and install rel 10 and then remove it and reinstall rel 11 and everything worked.

Bryan

sub
2004-02-04, 01:56 AM
I've given a few people the following tip, which seems to have helped. I'm not sure whats causing it, probably something wrong with install script:

Can you try changing into the c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr (or your equiv)
directory from command prompt and run the following.

regsvr32 GBPVRWriter.ax
regsvr32 asyncflt.ax
regsvr32 ovtool.dll

mikejaner
2004-02-04, 02:11 AM
Quote[/b] ]Can you try changing into the c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr (or your equiv)
directory from command prompt and run the following.

regsvr32 GBPVRWriter.ax
regsvr32 asyncflt.ax
regsvr32 ovtool.dll

That did it!! Thanks. Now with the smooth fonts, we will be set with the best MediaMVP client yet!!!

mikejaner

chrisc16
2004-02-04, 02:59 AM
Wow! That fixed my problem too. Finally I can watch LiveTV!

jui
2004-02-05, 08:52 AM
Hi,

the regsvr32 trick helped me a lot also. I can now use the integrated recording capabilities instead of wintvcap. Great http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

But I have some other probs.

- After a manual recording I can not view the file via the list of recordings but only if i open it in the video library.

- The picture on some channels is blurred but on wintv2k it is ok

- I can not get all the channels i get on wintv2k (german cable television), neither with build in recording nor with wintvcap. I gave the channels the exact same numbering as in wintv2k.

- In the EPG i can not allways walk through the channels with the cursor controls. I.e. I walk down, then the coloring of the focused program bar disappears, but it shows the name of a program at the bottom of the screen which is from a channel, that is not shown on the screen. I can then walk left or right and get other names of programs but I can not see the color bar anymore. XMLTV file format problems?

Greetings
Jui

sub
2004-02-05, 04:34 PM
Your TV operator may not be transmitting on standard frequencies. How did you tune you channels in WinTV - by frequency or by channel number? Microsoft does provide a mechanism for adjusting the TV tuning frequencies in the registery - but I'm no expert in this sorry. You might need to do a search via google.

Are the blurred channels, blurred with both WinTVCap and Direct Recording? This may also be caused by your tuning problem.

The EPG oddity you describe is a problem with the data in the XMLTV file. You'll have an overlapping programme that starts earlier.

mglvw
2004-02-07, 11:47 PM
Hi Jui,

Did you already succeeded in getting all your channels?

I live in the Netherlands and had the same problem with not all channels available.

I fixed it by adding some registry entries, using the exact frequency i.s.o. channelnumbers. There's a post on the board under support. (Just search for frequency). Or look at here (http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=42;hl=frequency) for the post and at
Microsoft frequency override (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/htm/frequencyoverrides.asp) for more info.

This helped my to figure out what to do.

Good luck,
Michel. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

jui
2004-02-08, 03:12 PM
Hi,

Thank you for explaining the frequency issue. I will try it.

But I also have another problem. GBPVR is not allways updating the EPG when I push the update button in the configuration command. It still 'remembers' old stuff that is not in the XML file anymore.

I had to get rid of overlapping programmes and therefore I cleaned my file but I still get a programme with a duration of 7 hours in the EPG which does not even exist in the XML file anymore.

Any suggestions on this?
Jui

sub
2004-02-08, 04:04 PM
Update EPG doesn't remove any old programme listings, it just adds addition programme listings. (There is another mechanism used to remove old programs that were a week or so in the past.

jui
2004-02-08, 04:34 PM
Hi sub,

thank you for the answer. That explains it.

Maybe this is a silly question, but if it is as you say, do you update changes in a programme for tomorrow if you got that programme info already yesterday and today there is a new duration for that programme? Or do you keep the old information?

Greetings
Jui

sub
2004-02-08, 04:42 PM
Its been a while since I looked at this areas, but from memory it will keep old show information. The show is identified by the combination of channel/title/starttime.

jui
2004-02-08, 04:49 PM
Hi,

would I be able to manually force a complete EPG update?
For now I delete and reinsert the capture source, but then have to manually alter all the channel numbers. But it would be great to be able to force a complete update.

Jui

sub
2004-02-08, 05:13 PM
I'll put it on the todo list.

jui
2004-02-13, 11:33 PM
@mglvw

Hi,

thank you again for your tips on the channels issue. I managed to get all channels programmed correctly.

@sub

Great program! I am looking forward to future versions.

Greetings
Jui